GUSTINE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Teacher Negotiations Update
The District and GRTA held their fifth meeting on to continue to bargain in good faith on reopener negotiations for the 2018-2019 school year.
The District made the following proposal for the 2018-2019 school year:
- A 3 % increase to the salary schedule, effective July 1, 2018; and
- A $100 increase to the District’s employer contribution for health benefits, effective (an increase from $13,200 to $13,300);
- Increase longevity from $750 to $1,000; and
- Increase Masters stipend from $500 to $1,000.
- Provide a stipend of $1,500 for credentialed special education teachers working in a special education assignment and provide a stipend of $1,500 for ELD Coordinators, effective July 1, 2018.
GRTA rejected the District’s proposal.
When asked for comment, Superintendent Bryan Ballenger stated: “The District’s proposal is fiscally responsible and provides our teachers with an excellent compensation package. I am disheartened with GRTA’s decision to reject the District’s proposal.”
The District and GRTA will reconvene negotiations on .