Inter-district Transfer requests are accepted February 1st of each year for the following school year.
Interdistrict transfer requests to attend school in the Gustine Unified School District are granted CONDITIONAL approval. All facts surrounding childcare and employment will be verified by the district. Please be aware of the transfer conditions listed below. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent
- Accurate and true information on the permit application
- Regular attendance, with no unexcused absences
- Appropriate student conduct as per expectations with the Gustine Unified School District's rules and regulations
- Satisfactory academic achievement
- Any other condition provided by BP/AR
- Overcrowding (Note: Once accepted student may not be denied continued attendance for the duration of the agreement)
- This transfer is valid for ONE SCHOOL YEAR ONLY. This agreement must be renewed each year.
b. mailed to or drop off at the District Office: 1500 Meredith Ave. Gustine, CA 95322
Gustine Unified will approve transfers to another district for the following reasons:
- The students receive childcare services within the boundary of the requested district (Child care Affidavit required);
- One or more parent guardian works within the boundary of the requested district (proof of employment required);
- The student is in their last year of an academic level (Grades 5, 8, and 12);
- The requested district or school has programs and/or curriculum not available in Gustine Unified;
- The student moved out of the requested district after the start of the school year; and/or
- A transfer would assist with the student’s socio-emotional adjustment.
For an interdistrict transfer request received by the district 15 or fewer calendar days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought, the district will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
For an interdistrict transfer request received by the district more than 15 days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the interdistrict transfer is sought, the district will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction in the school year for which transfer is sought.
Even if an Interdistrict Transfers is granted, it will be renewed and approved annually. Your student may be subject to displacement in future years due to increases in neighborhood enrollment at their chosen school or program.
Please note that transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Interdistrict Transfers will be processed according to these priorities: